February 8–10, 2023
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Updated on 9/19/2022:
Join the annual Calvin Symposium on Worship for worship and learning together around topics connected to Christian public worship. This ecumenical conference will
- gather together worshipers from across Canada, the US, and beyond
- bring together people from a variety of roles in worship and leadership, including pastors, worship planners and leaders, musicians, scholars, students, worship bands and teams, organists, visual artists, preachers, chaplains, missionaries, liturgists, council and session leaders, and more
- encourage leaders in churches and worshiping communities of all sizes and settings
The symposium will be held on the campus of Calvin University and Calvin Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- See the growing list of confirmed contributors
- See the schedule snapshot
- 5 preaching services based on Paul’s letter to the Colossians
- Sessions on key themes related to universal design for worship, faithful antiracism in Christian living, building connections and empathy in divided times, cultural intelligence, and the global and historical nature of Christian worship, and more
Repeat participants will notice a new flow to the schedule, which allows us to share campus spaces with Calvin students while they are in class during the second semester (begins January 9).
Registration begins in the fall of 2023. Rates are listed below (no day rates). Groups/teams from churches and worshiping communities are encouraged to attend.
- $100 per person, for a group of three or more from a church/parish/organization
- $180 for individuals
- $25 for students (middle and high school, full- or part-time students in college, university, or seminary/divinity/graduate school); for Calvin staff and faculty/emeriti and the Calvin Academy for Lifelong Learning; for Vital Worship Grant team members
- $25 for livestream access to a select portion of the conference for those not able to attend in person
- Cancellation fee of $50 (no refunds for student or livestream rate)
- Registration closes when conference capacity is reached. Register early to secure your slot and find the best selection of breakout sessions.
The Calvin Symposium on Worship is dedicated to worship and learning together with worshipers from communities around the globe and is sponsored by the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship and the Center for Excellence in Preaching, located at Calvin University and Calvin Theological Seminary, Grand Rapids, Michigan.