Search results 1 - 6 of 6
Sort by: Title | Date
Coop's Column - Risen Indeed
"All suffering, trouble, and despair are now taken away, because of Jesus’ great love for me when he took up his cross, went to Calvary, and rose again on Easter."
Reflection | March 29, 2013
Coop's Column - Jesus Condemned and Crucified
Ibis ad crucem! You shall go to the cross! With these three words Pilate condemned Jesus to die by crucifixion. In this Lenten series we have been paying visits to several places where Jesus stopped as he with his disciples made his final journey to Jerusalem to die.
Reflection | March 25, 2013
Holy Week Resource Guide
This list of Holy Week resources—art, music, devotions, liturgies, books, and sermons—will help you plan worship for Holy Week, beginning with Palm Sunday and ending with triduum, the three days that mark Jesus’ trial, death, and resurrection, from the evening of Maundy Thursday through Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter morning.
Resource Guide | April 01, 2011
Coop's Column - So Marred, So Beautiful
Their suffering Savior’s immense love for them, far beyond their mind’s feeble ability to grasp or comprehend, now prompts Christians to worship him
Reflection | January 14, 2011
The Burden on the Crucifix: What the Sweetbrier Pastor did instead of writing Lenten sermons
A story by James Schaap about a pastor debating the meaning of the Crucifix and what it means.
Article | March 01, 2006
- 3 Songs of Consecration / 3 Cantos de consagración
- Calvin Seerveld on The Passion and Poetry of the Psalms
- 3 Songs about the Lord's Return / 3 Cantos sobre el retorno del Señor
- 3 Songs About the Name of Jesus / 3 Cantos sobre el nombre de Jesús
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Community and Social Justice Themes
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Historical and Contemporary Cultural Themes