Good Shepherd Sunday
Many Christian traditions mark the fourth Sunday of Easter as Good Shepherd Sunday, centering worship around the compelling image of Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd as found in John 10, and complementing that with reading or singing Psalm 23 and other texts that unfold the beauty and power of this image.
ZeteoSearch.org: The Calvin Institute of Christian Worship supports and collaborates with Zeteo Preaching and Worship. Visit this site for more than 1,000+ resources that are tagged "Good Shepherd Sunday"—resources from and reports about a wide range of Christian worshiping communities, updated daily.
Resources to Consider
- Introduction on Good Shepherd Sunday in Time of COVID-19 by John D. Witvliet
- Sermon Starters from Center for Excellence in Preaching
- Safety. Forever! A service outline based on Psalm 23
- Psalm 23 in Psalms for Families, Devotions for All Ages by Robert Keeley and Laura Keeley
- Found: Psalm 23 (Jesus Storybook Bible) by Sally Lloyd-Jones and Jago
- Pearl Shangkuan: Ten Favorite Choral Settings on Psalm 23
- Michael Hawn: Ten Favorite Hymns on Psalm 23
- An Evening Prayer to the Good Shepherd by Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.
- Dennis R. Edwards on I Peter and Good Shepherd Sunday
- Song: "El Señor es mi pastor / The Lord Is My Shepherd" by Ronald F. Krisman
- Song: "El Señor es mi pastor / You, O Lord, You Are My Shepherd" by Marcos Witt
- Song: "The Lord Is My Shepherd" by Paul Zach (Download PDF)
- Song: "His Love Is My Resting Place (Psalm 23)" by Wendell Kimbrough
- From the Reformed Worship magazine:
- Picture book: Psalm Twenty-Three illustrated by Tim Ladwig. Also see the book set to music on YouTube.
- Art and Meditations on Psalm 23 by Barbara Bjelland