Diversity & Inclusion for All
A podcast from Calvin University featuring thoughtful leaders discussing key topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the context of Christian life and witness.
In worship, faithful sermons will prophetically address issues of racism. Prayers of the people will lament and intercede for God's Spirit to bring about redemptive systemic and personal healing. And whenever possible, Christians will model the kind of mutuality, hospitality, justice, and love for another that is central to scriptural witness. We are grateful to be adding to the specific worship resources about these themes found throughout our website this podcast featuring Calvin University faculty and other leaders discussing key topics related to diversity, equity, and inclusion: Diversity & Inclusion for All
While the podcast episodes do not always specifically address worship practices, each one has implications for shaping faithful, vital, biblically-shaped worship as we seek to pray, preach, and model practices that reflect God's love for every image-bearer of God.
—John D. Witvliet, Calvin Institute of Christian Worship
A sampling of episodes that may be particularly useful for Christian worshiping communities:
- Disability as Diversity
- Introducing Land Acknowledgement: What is it?
- Whose Wisdom Do You Trust? How to Go about Land Acknowledgements
- The Doctrine of Discovery Part III: the Dangers of Christendom
- Diversity in Congregations: CRT, Fear, Sin, and Curiosity
- Diversity in Worship: Representation, Music, Fairness, and Grace
- Faithful Advocacy: Deep Listening, the Long View, and Christian Perspectives
- StoryTables: Community Practices for Polarized Times
- Dialogue. Having Difficult Conversations
- Conflict, Witness, and Transformation
- Cultural Intelligence for Worshipping Communities and Beyond