How do we apply?
We hope that the process of writing a grant proposal is enriching as you articulate your vision for vital worship and specify your plan for implementing it. Please base your answers on the history, theology, and mission of your congregation or organization. We trust that the collaborative process you use to answer the following questions will be instructive and encouraging to you, whether or not your proposal is funded.
- Create an account in the Grant Management System. You will need your organization's tax ID number to create an account.
- Fill out the online proposal. You will be able to complete part of the proposal, save your work, and come back to it later. You will also be able to preview the full application in the first stage of the application process.
- Be prepared to give contact information on your organization, grant amount requested, contact information for the project director, the person legally responsible for signing grant contracts, and the budget officer. Please list three unrelated people in these roles.
- Upload a proposed budget and budget narrative using this form.
- Upload a reference letter, a statement of purpose or vision statement, and a copy of your organization’s annual budget, showing the budget for worship.
- Upload a W-9. If you are a religious organization (not an individual church), you will also need to upload documentation verifying your tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status. If you are in Canada, you'll need to supply verification of your TIN (Tax Identification Number).
- Submit your application by January 10. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been submitted.
Approved grants will be announced by May 1.
Guidelines for Establishing a Budget
The specific ways you propose to use grant funds will be a major factor in the selection of projects for funding. To assure that your budget clearly identifies the use of grant money, please do the following:
- carefully identify all expenses necessary to the completion of the project, asking, “How does this item support the main goal of the grant?”
- include in the budget all anticipated income, including registration fees and donations from participating churches and organizations
- if the total budget of your project exceeds the amount that will be covered by this grant, identify those items that will be funded by the grant and those that will be funded by other sources
Be prepared to itemize your planned expenses in these areas: learning opportunities, personnel, equipment, and other expenses. A budget narrative is also required for each item.