GATHER a Collaborative Team
Because the process of developing a grant proposal should be collaborative, the first step involves gathering a group from your church or organization together to explore and learn about worship.
IDENTIFY a Project Director
The main role of a project director is to
- administer the grant project.
- be the key contact for the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship.
- attend the all-expenses paid Vital Worship Grants Event twice. (see “Timeline” for dates)
STUDY What Vital Worship Means, Using These Helpful Resources
- What is Vital Worship?
- Ten Core Convictions about Christian Worship
- Three Meanings of the Term Worship
Other helpful resources:
- Worship as Formation
- Vertical Habits
- Worshiping the Triune God
- Nairobi Statement on Worship and Culture
- An Open and Discerning Approach to Culture (video)
DISCUSS Your Context
- Assess your context with a SWOT tool for discernment
- Capacity for Effective Leadership for Collaborative Projects
- If you represent a school, review past grants awarded to schools, colleges, and seminaries
REFINE Your Ideas
- Sample Discussion Questions & Sample Proposal Ideas
- Advice from the Grants Advisory Board members (videos)
- Review past grants for ideas that may inspire your proposal
We will be happy to provide a brief initial consultation to help you determine if your idea fits the Vital Worship Grants Program criteria. Email email@example.com.