Worship Resources for September 11
Resources for remembering September 11
As we come to significant anniversaries recalling the events of September 11, 2001, we bring our lament and prayers to God in communal worship. Here are some links to resources for your worship planning in such times.
- Morning Remembrance for September 11
- Evening Remembrance for September 11
- Prayer for the Anniversary of September 11
- Songs of Comfort and Trust in Times of Tragedy
- Abana Alathi Fi Ssama/Abana in Heaven - Arabic Prayer Song
This moving setting of the Lord’s Prayer is sung by Christians throughout the Arabic world. The chanted character of the melody is heightened by a capella singing. This sung prayer is also effective with melody alone, and may be supported by a low B-flat sustained on organ or hummed. Abana is Arabic for father and rhymes with banana. Found in Global Songs for Worship.
- Guiding Questions for Planning a Service of Worship During a Time of War
- Sample Worship Service in Time of War
- Service of Prayer in a Time of War
The Hymn Society in the United States and Canada published a pamphlet of twelve texts in 2002, entitled: Songs of Remembrance: Hymns for the Commemoration of September 11, 2001. This pamphlet was included in THE HYMN (Summer 2002). Copies are available in PDF form by email to Deborah Loftis at firstname.lastname@example.org. The original copyright permission agreement has expired; you will need to contact the individual copyright holders to obtain permission to reproduce these texts.
If you don't see a place above to enter or view comments, it may be due to your browser's security or privacy settings. Please try adjusting your settings or using a different browser.