Vital Worship Day of Learning 2015
Through the Vital Worship Grants Program, sponsored by the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship, congregations, Christian colleges and seminaries from many denominations throughout North America have engaged in a yearlong process of worship renewal. Join us and these grant recipients for a day of interaction and learning about vital worship.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI
Through the Vital Worship Grants Program, sponsored by the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship, congregations, Christian colleges and seminaries from many denominations throughout North America have engaged in a yearlong process of worship renewal. Join us and the 2014 and 2015 grant recipients for a day of interaction and learning about vital worship.
Registration is closed.
There will be walk-up registration starting at 12:30pm on Wednesday, June 24.
Schedule for Wednesday, June 24, 2015
12:30-12:55 p.m. Check-in in Prince Conference Center Lobby
12:55 p.m. Welcome and orientation in Prince Center Blue Spruce Room
Come to one, two, or all three:
1:15 - 3:30 p.m. Vital Worship Workshops in Prince Center and DeVos Communication Center
3:45 - 5:00 p.m. Poster Session in DeVos Communication Center
7:30 - 8:30 p.m. Worship Service in Calvin College Chapel
See the conference brochure for descriptions of workshops.
Workshop presenters include:
- David Bailey, director of Arrabon, a ministry that provides cultural training and worship resources for reconciling Christian communities
- Robert Batastini, retired vice president and senior editor of GIA Publications, Inc.
- María Cornou, CICW resource development specialist for Spanish language resources
- Phil de Haan, Norma de Waal Malefyt, Betsy Steele Halstead, Greg Scheer, and Howard Vanderwell – CICW staff members
- Bill Dyrness, professor of theology and culture at Fuller Theological Seminary
- Julia Start Fletcher, chaplain and outreach coordinator for Turning Pointe School of Dance Ministry
- Bill Johnston, associate professor of religious studies at University of Dayton
- Lisa Weaver, doctoral candidate at Catholic University
- Duane Kelderman, interim pastor at Second Christian Reformed Church
- Joy-Elizabeth Lawrence, biblical storyteller with theatre experience and currently MDiv student at Calvin Seminary
- Barbara Newman, a church and school consultant for CLC Network (Christian Learning Center)
- Roman Williams, assistant professor of sociology at Calvin College
You are invited to join this exciting process and bring a team from your congregation! Receive worship ideas for your congregation and network with leaders from worshiping communities across North America.
- walk-up registration
- available at 12:30-1 p.m., Wednesday, June 24, Prince Conference Center Lobby (workshops begin at 1:15 p.m.)