- Carrie Steenwyk John D. Witvliet
- Faith Alive, 2013
- Worship Planning and Leading
This second edition of The Worship Sourcebook contains more than 2,500 prayers, litanies, and spoken texts for every element of the worship service throughout the seasons of the church year. Changes in this edition include
- a new section to "Prayers of the People"
- updates to resources drawn from the NIV, the Reformed confessions, and other contemporary texts
- a new appendix featuring "Worshiping the Triune God" adopted by the World Communion of Reformed Churches
- hundreds of new and replacement prayers and other readings for worship
This valuable resource for worship planners and pastors includes texts that can be read aloud as well as outlines that can be adapted for your situation. Teaching notes offer guidance for planning each element of the service. Thought-provoking perspectives on the meaning and purpose of worship are great for discussion and reflection.
The companion CD contains the entire text of the book for easy cutting and pasting into bulletins, PowerPoint slides, orders of worship, and more.