The Author also writes as a practitioner, from the perspective of one who served as a church worship pastor for twenty-two years. Features distinguishing this book from other similar studies include:
- A tracing of the foundational Revelation and Response pattern through the Scriptures
- A more thorough treatment of New Testament texts than is often found
- A comprehensive treatment of the crucial role of Jesus Christ as the true Leader of our worship
- A consideration of worship as it relates to world missions
- A concluding summary of twelve "Biblical Principles of Worship," synthesizing the results of the study.