Christian Witness and Ministry in a COVID-Shaped World
Three-week, relevant courses taught by some of the best Christian thinkers. These collaborative, online classes are for lifelong learners, university, and seminary students.
Monday, July 13, 2020
virtual event (attend online)
The Calvin Institute of Christian Worship is pleased to promote a robust list of timely online summer courses on how Christians in every area of society and ministry can faithfully respond to the global COVID-19 pandemic. They are offered through Calvin University and Calvin Theological Seminary—our institutional homes.
We have heard from people who have expressed interest in learning together in community with a trusted guide in order to discern faithful Christian responses to the COVID-19 crisis in a sustained, flexible format. These three-week, participatory courses are offered in several sessions.
Audiences for these classes include
- current university or seminary students at any institution seeking academic credit,
- persons in any profession seeking continuing education credit, and
- life-long learners anywhere in the world.
Courses that begin July 13:
- Archaeology, History, Disasters, and Plagues
- The Challenge of Technology and Christian Education
- Children, Family, Intergenerational Ministries
- Engaging Congregations about Faith and Finance Amidst Economic Crisis
- Faithful Anti-Racism in a Time of Pandemic
- Practicing Mindfulness in a Time of Pandemic
- Praying, Singing, and Humming the Psalms in Worship, Work, Pastoral Care and Ministries of Public Witness
- Ser iglesia en un mundo configurado por el COVID: Perspectivas ministeriales
Course that begins August 3:
- Ser comunidad en un mundo configurado por el COVID: Perspectivas bíblicas
Courses will feature a mix of on-line lectures, interviews with leading experts, discussions with fellow learners, and interactions with faculty. Each course is offered asynchronously; you can engage with course materials when convenient for you. None have required prerequisites.