Search results 1 - 3 of 3
Sort by: Title | Date
Speaking and Acting the Bible
A session from Symposium 2010 with Jeff Barker and Tom Boogart.
Video | June 21, 2010
Writing Sermons in an Oral Style
The rhetorician James Winans once wrote, "A speech is not merely an essay standing on its hind legs." Yet many speakers—including preachers—write their messages in a style better suited for reading rather than hearing. To be an effective oral communicator, one must learn to write for the ear, not the eye.
Audio | January 01, 2006
- Prayers for God's Leading
- The Beatitudes: 2022 Calvin Symposium on Worship Preaching Theme
- Praying for God’s Leading: Philippians 1:9-11
- Diversity & Inclusion for All
- Kyle Meyaard-Schaap on Earthkeeping, the Church, and Generational Differences
- Kyle Meyaard-Schaap on the Arts as a Climate Tipping Point