Search results 1 - 4 of 4
Sort by: Title | Date
Songs for Ordinary Time
Ordinary time, the time of the church calendar that stretches from Pentecost to Advent and Epiphany to Lent, is a good time to take time to consider the life of Christ or other sermon and song series based on a series of Biblical passages.
Article | August 08, 2014
Ordinary Time Resource Guide
This resource guide for Ordinary Time includes sermon ideas, worship songs and hymns, visual arts, and readings to help you plan “ordinary” worship—times in the church year outside the seasons of Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Easter, and Pentecost. The season’s liturgical color is green, symbolizing a time of growth in the Christian life. This guide also includes ideas for worship on Christ the King Sunday, Thanksgiving, and All Saints’ Day/Reformation Sunday.
Resource Guide | July 08, 2011
Planning Ahead: Worship in October
The highlight of the October calendar may be World Communion Sunday, when Christians everywhere celebrate what it means to belong to the body of Christ—"the holy catholic church, the communion of the saints." In celebrating the Lord's Supper, we most deeply celebrate our oneness in Christ.
Article | October 21, 2010
- The Beatitudes: 2022 Calvin Symposium on Worship Preaching Theme
- Prayers for God's Leading
- Praying for God’s Leading: Philippians 1:9-11
- Diversity & Inclusion for All
- Kyle Meyaard-Schaap on Earthkeeping, the Church, and Generational Differences
- Kyle Meyaard-Schaap on the Arts as a Climate Tipping Point