Search results 1 - 5 of 5
Sort by: Title | Date
Navajo People - Prayer Requests
Praying for the Navajo people is a tricky thing. It is so easy to focus on, and become overwhelmed by, our needs.
Article | Reflection | September 20, 2012
A Laughing Party
“Has your baby laughed?” On the Navajo reservation, that’s a common question posed to parents who have infants around the age of three months. The first laugh of a Navajo child is a very significant event.
Article | May 04, 2012
Language of Adoption
Mark Charles shares insights from his Navajo Culture.
Article | November 11, 2011
It didn't happen every day, but was frequent enough that I clearly remember it. I would be sitting with my grandparents, in their house, around their kitchen table. We would be finishing a meal or even just a simple snack, and the conversation would come to a lull….
Reflection | January 01, 2010
Contextualizing Worship: My Journey to Worship God as a Navajo Christian
When the first Christian missionaries came to the Navajo people they unfortunately brought more than the Gospel. They also brought the message that God could only be worshiped through the Western culture. This workshop contained a collection of stories and lessons learned in my journey to understand what it means to be Navajo and Christian.
Audio | January 01, 2009
- 3 Songs of Consecration / 3 Cantos de consagración
- Calvin Seerveld on The Passion and Poetry of the Psalms
- 3 Songs about the Lord's Return / 3 Cantos sobre el retorno del Señor
- 3 Songs About the Name of Jesus / 3 Cantos sobre el nombre de Jesús
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Community and Social Justice Themes
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Historical and Contemporary Cultural Themes