Search results 1 - 5 of 5
Sort by: Title | Date
Worship that Calls Us to Reflect God’s Heart for Justice
Bethany Hanke Hoang and Kristen Deede Johnson co-wrote The Justice Calling: Where Passion Meets Perseverance. They explain how weekly worship helps congregations keep working with, and waiting on, God to make all things new.
Feature Story | July 12, 2016
“The Justice Calling” Authors on Becoming a Just Church
Some churches care deeply about studying the Bible. Others are passionate about justice. Authors Bethany Hanke Hoang and Kristen Deede Johnson offer help for congregations that care or want to care about both.
Conversation | July 12, 2016
Mark Labberton on Micah Groups and God’s Broken Heart
Mark Labberton teaches at Fuller Theological Seminary and directs its Ogilvie Institute of Preaching. He wrote The Dangerous Act of Worship: Living God’s Call to Justice and The Dangerous Act of Loving Your Neighbor. In this edited conversation, he talks about why preachers are forming and joining Micah Groups.
Conversation | July 10, 2012
Checklist for Justice in worship
The following is a check list for planning worship services that reflect a concern for justice; this list was distributed at the "Just Worship" conference in Edmonton, Alberta, in January 2003.
Article | February 24, 2011
- 3 Songs of Consecration / 3 Cantos de consagración
- Calvin Seerveld on The Passion and Poetry of the Psalms
- 3 Songs about the Lord's Return / 3 Cantos sobre el retorno del Señor
- 3 Songs About the Name of Jesus / 3 Cantos sobre el nombre de Jesús
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Community and Social Justice Themes
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Historical and Contemporary Cultural Themes