Search results 1 - 4 of 4
Sort by: Title | Date
Streaming Worship Services and Copyrights in a Time of Social Distancing
In an age of social distancing and remote, online worship due to COVID-19, churches are figuring out how to honor copyrights in entirely new ways, and companies are giving special allowances during this time.
Article | March 25, 2020
Copyright Information, Clearing up the Confusion
Churches are constantly navigating the copyright maze when they use music, other print resources, and videos. Each medium has slightly different laws regulating it.
Article | September 24, 2015
John Thompson on the Christian music industry
John Thompson, director of creative and copyright development at EMI CMG Publishing, describes how publishers help songwriters get their songs out to churches and how they help churches to find out about new songs for worship.
Conversation | February 22, 2013
Using Re-tuned Hymns in Worship
Mike Cosper and Kevin Twit discuss using old hymn texts set to new music and how to nurture a “hymn movement,” including such issues as finding texts, songwriting, copyright issues, as well as working with artists, and recording and distributing music.
Audio | January 27, 2012
- 3 Songs of Consecration / 3 Cantos de consagración
- Calvin Seerveld on The Passion and Poetry of the Psalms
- 3 Songs about the Lord's Return / 3 Cantos sobre el retorno del Señor
- 3 Songs About the Name of Jesus / 3 Cantos sobre el nombre de Jesús
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Community and Social Justice Themes
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Historical and Contemporary Cultural Themes