Search results 1 - 6 of 6
Sort by: Title | Date
Jeff Meyers on Signing Bibles to Promote Intergenerational Faith Formation
Pastor Jeff Meyers explains why First Union members write in Bibles presented to youth graduating from fifth grade and high school.
Conversation | October 03, 2013
Maria Cornou on the Most-used Spanish-language Bible Translation
Maria Eugenia Cornou is from Buenos Aires, Argentina. In this edited conversation, she discusses the most-used Spanish-language Bible translation.
Conversation | March 19, 2013
John F. Hobbins on Bible Translations and Christian Unity
John F. Hobbins is passionate about biblical languages and Bible translations. He pastors First United Methodist Church in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and teaches in the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh’s religious studies department. He blogs on Ancient Hebrew Poetry. In this edited email conversation he talks about choosing Bible translations and maintaining the communion of the saints.
Conversation | April 10, 2012
Understanding Differences in Bible Translations
God designed the gospel to be translated into every language. English speakers have created hundreds of Bible translations, versions, and updates. Here’s help for finding blessings in the bewildering variety.
Feature Story | April 10, 2012
Kristin Kobes Du Mez on The Forgotten Woman’s Bible
Kristin Kobes Du Mez, who teaches history at Calvin College, talks about her forthcoming book, The Forgotten Woman’s Bible.
Conversation | August 22, 2011
- 3 Songs of Consecration / 3 Cantos de consagración
- Calvin Seerveld on The Passion and Poetry of the Psalms
- 3 Songs about the Lord's Return / 3 Cantos sobre el retorno del Señor
- 3 Songs About the Name of Jesus / 3 Cantos sobre el nombre de Jesús
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Community and Social Justice Themes
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Historical and Contemporary Cultural Themes