Search results 1 - 3 of 3
Sort by: Title | Date
Why Read Abraham Kuyper (1837-1920) on Worship?
Abraham Kuyper's accomplishments were many and he had a stellar career. He served as pastor, theologian, founder of the Free University in Amsterdam, chief organizer of a Calvinist political party, prime minister of the Netherlands. He is, however, less well-known for another major contribution-his writings on worship and liturgy which are still relevant for the church today and now appear in an English translation as Our Worship.
Audio | January 01, 2009
Abraham Kuyper's Our Worship: First English translation
Abraham Kuyper said that Christ is Lord over every "square inch" of life. Thanks to Our Worship, translated by Harry Boonstra and augmented by scholars' essays, you can now read Kuyper's perceptive writings on public worship.
Feature Story | December 23, 2008
Beauty Will Save the World: Jonathan Edwards and Abraham Kuyper on Glory and Beauty
Should Christian worship explicitly call our attention to and direct us toward the world and its need, to social action? Or does such worship in fact turn us away from the triune God, the proper focus of our worship? This workshop will explore some ways Abraham Kuyper and Jonathan Edwards?both theologians of beauty and glory, and both very socially engaged?might point us in the right direction.
Audio | January 01, 2008
- 3 Songs of Consecration / 3 Cantos de consagración
- Calvin Seerveld on The Passion and Poetry of the Psalms
- 3 Songs about the Lord's Return / 3 Cantos sobre el retorno del Señor
- 3 Songs About the Name of Jesus / 3 Cantos sobre el nombre de Jesús
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Community and Social Justice Themes
- Teacher-Scholar Panel: Historical and Contemporary Cultural Themes