Who is eligible?
Any team of people with leadership roles directly related to the worship life of a Christian church or organization in North America is encouraged to apply. This includes pastors, educators, church staff persons, church musicians, artists, architects, actors, dancers
What projects do we support?
- have the potential to generate renewed interest, thoughtfulness, and energy for public worship at the local, grass-roots level.
- be linked with the worship life of a particular Christian community or congregation(s).
- include a component of theological reflection on the meaning and purpose of public worship.
- be both realistic and visionary.
Though these are not requirements, we will give preference to projects that
- are collaborative, involving the coming together of people for
study, planning, and creating.
- bring new learning into a community through a series of speakers and a study of books and other resources.
- come from communities with limited financial resources.
- have the potential to model vital worship for other worshiping communities.
- have a plan for the sharing of the results of their program.
- nourish intergenerational or multi-cultural community, rather than segmenting groups of worshipers.
What is not eligible?
- grants to individuals
- compensation to your staff or volunteers for planning, teaching or administration that exceeds 20% of the total grant
- equipment costs that exceed 10% of the total grant
- production and replication of CDs, DVDs, books and videos for sale
- building renovations and other construction costs
- food costs that are not connected to a learning or reflection process related to worship
- attending or hosting a conference, concert, summer camp or
other one-time eventthat is not part of a year-long learning process
What is the grant amount?
- Grants will range from $5,000 to $15,000.
- In unique situations, where there is substantial collaboration and a grant project impacts several congregations, applicants may apply for grants up to $18,000.
Please note: we will be happy to provide a brief initial consultation to help you determine if your idea fits the Vital Worship Grants Program criteria. Write us at email@example.com.