Review the proposal questions before filling out the online application.
How do I develop a budget?
Grant funds may be used for the following:
- Stipends for salary support and/or course release time for the teacher-scholar
- Stipends for collaborating scholars or ministry leaders
- Travel and other research expenses
- Student research assistants
- Program funds to support seminars, small group forums, residencies, or commissions for a particular congregation, denomination, or other church-related entity
- Program funds to support scholars-in-residence in local congregations
- Program funds to support scholars hosting groups of pastors or other leaders as a test audience for their research
Limitations: A maximum of 10% of the total grant requested may be used for equipment of any kind. A maximum of 5% of the total grant requested may be allocated for institutional overhead and/or indirect expenses.
Use the Budget Template to record your proposed budget
You will upload a completed budget proposal in the online application.
The Budget template includes the following columns:
In this column, list the items from your project that will incur expenses in the categories listed above that you will be using. As you plan your project budget, ask “How does this item support the main goal of the grant?”
Proposed Grant Funding
In this column, list the amounts proposed for grant funding in the categories needed in the project, such as salary support, stipends, travel, research expenses, research assistants, and program expenses. Please note that the purchase of equipment may only be included to the extent that it is required to accomplish the goals of the project. A maximum of 10% of the total grant requested may be used for equipment of any kind. A maximum of 5% of the total grant requested may be allocated for institutional overhead and/or indirect expenses.
Provide descriptions of how each line item will be spent in this column, explaining how these expenses relate to the goal of the grant. Note that the cells will expand as you add text.