To promote active involvement and engagement in worship of people with dementia and people with varied abilities through use of drama in worship.
Summarize your grant project and how it will address a need in your worshiping community.
Older people with dementia and people with varied disabilities experience social isolation and loneliness during Christian Drama ministrations due to their circumstances. Strong Tower Parish DBA Christ Family Kingdom Center, is proposing a project that will promote vital connections of older people with dementia and people with varied disabilities for Christian Drama ministrations by promoting their active involvement and engagement through a series of inclusive and engaging activities.
What two questions might you ask about worship in the coming year that will generate theological reflection and shape your project?
The scripture says “God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship him in spirit and in truth” John 4:24. Christian worship is the center of the heartbeat of the Church that creates a life-changing
experience in God’s presence. In the coming year, I will be asking:
- Was drama ministration in the church had an impact on the life of people with diverse abilities and disabilities?
- What learning impacted the lives of people with diverse abilities and disabilities through this project
How will your project impact the worship life and habits of the congregation?
The congregation must be impacted in the following ways:
- There must be an awareness of the need to always promote the spiritual engagement of older people with dementia and people with varied disabilities by using the Christian Drama series in our spiritual engagement
- We must conduct neighborhood outreach with older people with dementia and people with varied disabilities by using the Christian Drama series as a tool to win souls into the Kingdom of God.
- The Christian drama worship habit of the church must increase the effectiveness of the Church, Christian Drama ministry, and Lay leaders in expressing hospitality during Christian Drama in their different roles.
- Increase the capacity of the whole congregation for Christian Drama
What might be your greatest challenges (or challenging opportunities)?
We are unsure of the current situation regarding the Covid-19 pandemic considering the older people the project will be engaged might fall into the high-risk cadre of the health chart of Covid-19. We will anticipate this situation and probably consider it an opportunity to explore several options for engaging the people.
What do you hope to learn from the Grants Event and other grant recipients?
We hope to learn specifically the ways Christian drama could be integrated into congregational worship. We would also be willing to learn from other grant recipients, how they were able to successfully implement Christian drama in congregational worship. We will also be willing to learn more about vital connections in the worship community.