Lift Up Your Hearts: Revised Common Lectionary Index
Hymn suggestions for the Revised Common Lectionary from the new hymnal Lift Up Your Hearts.
The following downloadable pdfs contain song selections from the new Lift Up Your Hearts hymnal for each Sunday of the Lectionary.
What is the Revised Common Lectionary?
A lectionary is a schedule of Scripture readings arranged and intended for proclamation during worship. It is arranged for three years and includes several Scripture readings for each Sunday:
- an Old Testament reading
- a psalm
- a reading from one of the New Testament epistles
- a reading from one of the four gospels—Matthew in Year A, Mark in Year B, Luke in Year C.
Over the three years, at least one reading from each book of the Bible is included. For more information on the Revised Common Lectionary, see here.
- Revised Common Lectionary Index: Hymn Suggestions from Lift Up Your Hearts (Faith Alive Christian Resources, 2013) for every Sunday of the Lectionary will be gradually rolled out.
- Reformed Confessions Index: We are also preparing an index for the Reformed confessions, which some congregations use as lectionary to guide themes and readings for each service.
- Scripture Index: We also have an extensive scripture index in the hymnal to assist churches that plan services according to sequential readings of a given scriptural book over a number of weeks (lectio continua).
Questions or suggestions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 08, 2013
- Resource Type:
Christian Year, Worship- Planning
Lift Up Your Hearts, Christian Year, Lectionary