Lift Up Your Hearts Hymnal App for iPad
Learn more about the iPad App and FlexScores for "Lift Up Your Hearts" hymnal.
Hymnary.org, in partnership with Calvin Institute of Christian Worship and Faith Alive Christian Resources, has released two exciting new products in conjunction with the hymnal, Lift Up Your Hearts (Faith Alive Christian Resources, 2013).
Where can the App be downloaded?
- The app is available for the iPad through the Apple Store for free.
What does it contain?
- the free download contains:
- all the Public Domain songs
- powerful search capacities
- information about the songs, authors and composers (internet connection required)
- in-App purchase of all the copyrighted songs
- in-App purchase of the FlexScores of the songs, only available through your i-Pad.
What other features does the App have?
- allows you to create a setlist
- tap one finger and flip to the next song
- use a Bluetooth pedal and flip to the next song by a tap of the foot
- all prayers, litanies, and readings that are contained in the hymnal
What are the in-App costs?
You will be able to purchase a variety of FlexScores to access more content:
- Pew edition for the complete hymnal $24.99
- Large Print edition for the complete hymnal, $24.99
- FlexScore edition for the complete hymnal, $99.99
- Individual FlexScores—one format of one song, $1.99
- Individual FlexScores—all formats of one song, $9.99
What are FlexScores?
- FlexScores format each song in the hymn book in 14 different ways
- lead sheet
- bulletin scores
- large print
- a variety of instruments (violin, viola, cello, bass, flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, alto sax, tenor sax, horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba)
What flexibility do the FlexScores have?
- You can...
- transpose each setting to your favorite key signature
- add a capo for guitar chords
- resize the score and/or text
What do the FlexScores cost?
- single format of one song: $1.99 (example, violin format for "Christ the Lord Is Risen Today")
- all of the formats of one song: $9.99
Where can I purchase them?
- After arriving at the home page, select the song that you want from the list. You will find the FlexScore under the “Score” tab.