Discover the stories and the many uses of your favorite songs in the 1987 Psalter Hymnal—and much more!
This handbook contains
- entries on all 641 songs in the Psalter Hymnal.
- information on the circumstances under which the songs were written.
- biographical data on more than 800 authors, translators, composers, and arrangers.
- tips on effective singing of the songs.
- liturgical suggestions for when and how to use each song in worship.
Also included are . . .
- entries on all the creeds, confessions, and liturgical forms, including background and liturgical suggestions.
- articles on psalm and hymn singing from Bible times to today, including a history of worship and music in the Christian Reformed Church.
- many indexes, indicating songs keyed to the Heidelberg Catechism, songs for use with the Revised Common Lectionary, songs with guitar chords, and more.