- Faith Alive, 2011
Psalms for All Seasons includes all 150 psalms, most in multiple formats. For each psalm, this volume includes:
- the complete New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) text of the psalm, presented with alternating regular and boldfaced type for responsive readings and red markings that enable the chanting of the psalm;
- a Christian prayer that responds to a theme, imagery, or basic intent of the psalm;
- a brief footnote which identifies the psalm’s genre or type, highlights significant features of its form or imagery, and suggests a range of uses in Christian worship
- one or more settings of the psalm, most of which are musical settings for congregational use
This range of material means that the book is well-suited to a variety of uses:
- corporate worship—to be placed in the hands of worship leaders, choirs, and, ideally, all worshipers.
- daily prayer at morning, noon, evening, and/or night.
- personal and family devotion.
- a resource for bible study.
- for preachers, as a commentary on the book of Psalms.
- to inspire composers in a wide range of cultures and traditions to imagine new, vital, and faithful ways of rendering psalms.