This 20-page booklet contains eight meditations on "Jesus as Healer" based on New Testament healing stories. The booklet is designed to be used for personal devotions or as part of a group Bible study. It contains scripture texts, brief meditations, and accompanying images based on the tapestry series "Jesus as Healer" by Edgar Boevé, professor of art emeritus, Calvin College. Also included is a dvd of the tapestries and the creative process, narrated by Edgar Boevé.
Simon Peter's mother-in-law, Timothy Brown
Paralytic at Bethesda, Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.
Demon possessed man, Leanne Van Dyk
Woman with a hemorrhage, Dewey R. Heetderks, Jr.
Jairus' daughter, Walter Arnold III
Deaf and mute man, Nicholas Wolterstorff
Man born blind, Randall E. Engle
Jesus healing the many, Jack Roeda
Also see these resources with a focus on healing:
- service of prayer for healing
- service based on Psalm 13, a psalm of lament that points to healing
- Healing in worship: Hospitality that welcomes everyone as they are
- search the Resource Library on "healing"
- for other Bible study material, search on "Bible study"
This publication is no longer available.