Year-End Report and Budget
The form above is required along with a copy of your final budget expenditures. These are due on July 15, 2017. Please email to email@example.com.
Year-End Report questions
Answer with one-two brief paragraphs each:
- Describe the group process you used to write this final report.
- Based on your discussion, what did you learn about the nature of worship, and about collaboration and communication among worship leaders and congregation through your grant project?
- How has the worship life of your community or those you trained deepened your understanding of worship in an ongoing way as the result of the grant? Please be as specific as possible by including comments from those who participated in the evaluation or a summary of the discussion.
- What new questions were raised for future reflection and action? What follow-up opportunities does your project present?
- How has your project impacted your congregation’s practice or habits of worship?
- Do you have any further plans for disseminating the outcomes of your grant with others who might benefit from what you learned? Do you have any further resources you can share with us?
- Describe the benefits of the June Colloquium for you or for your grant.
- Other comments:
Year-End Report instructions
This form is to help you assess the final results of your grant and what you learned through the grant project. These reports are also helpful to us as we work with the Grants Advisory Board and report on our grant funding to Lilly Endowment Inc.
- Process for gathering information for the report: In whatever way fits the nature of your grant, we ask that you gather 3-5 people who have been involved in your project to evaluate your project. In some cases, where projects involved people beyond your congregation, we encourage you to gather for a conversation over lunch, or perhaps a conference call. By encouraging an evaluation process that involves more than the project director, we will all have a better sense of the impact of your grant and the ways you might continue to sustain vital worship after the grant year.
- Questions you might ask: How has this project deepened our understanding of worship? What new questions are we asking about worship? How has it impacted our practice or habits of worship? Refer to the Vital Worship Grants website and the page What is Vital Worship? for additional questions to guide your discussion.
- List the names, roles, and of the people who participated in your evaluation process.
- Complete your final grant budget including an itemized account of your expenses for the year. Follow the format of your most current approved budget. If your budget received our approval to be revised, please note that in your report. Your budget report will be compared with the budget attached to the signed letter of agreement.
- Unspent funds from your grant should be noted in your budget report. According to the letter of agreement, you must generate a check for the remainder of your unspent funds payable to Calvin College and send it to us at the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship. Be sure to include a copy of your budget report and your grant number.
- Send by email the completed Year-End Report Form (Word doc) and your final Budget (Excel doc) as attachments by July 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put your grant number (2016-XX) and your organization name in the subject line. If a check for unused funds is to be returned, mail the check to us and enclose a copy of your budget with the grant number.
- Please do NOT send pdfs.
- If you are mailing a check please send it by July 15, 2017 to: